The all singing, dancing, grooving phenomenon

• Members
  • 3,789 posts
  • Supports:whufc somehow
  • Managing:..to survive
  • Twitter:Follow Me

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:38 AM

Football Manager 2012 Announced!

LONDON (August 11th, 2011) – Sports Interactive Ltd. & SEGA® Europe Ltd. today unveiled the latest version of their successful football management simulation series, Football Manager™ 2012. Planned to be in stores before Christmas, Football Manager 2012 will once again allow you to take charge of your favourite football team and put your managerial skills to the test.

The award-winning Football Manager series has now sold in excess of 7 million copies worldwide and has topped the UK and many European PC charts for the last seven years, with over 108 weeks at no.1 in the UK to date.

“We’re delighted to finally be able to start talking about Football Manager 2012” said Miles Jacobson, Studio Director at Sports Interactive. “It’s another year of evolution, with some revolution thrown in for good measure so we’re pretty sure our dedicated communities, and hopefully lots of new people too, get to play and enjoy the game when it’s released later in the year.”

Counting over 800 new features, not including changes to the rules of the games 50+ leagues, Football Manager 2012 promises to be the most realistic, immersive and playable football management simulation ever for any fan who has ever dreamed of making the big decisions, both on and off the field.

Key new & improved features for Football Manager 2012:
Transfers & Contracts – significant changes to the transfer and contract systems, including loyalty bonuses, better implementation of amateur and youth contracts, an improved transfer centre and the ability to lock areas of the contract negotiation when you aren't prepared to budge. This helps you to manage your budgets and gives you flexibility in what you offer money hungry players, or agents, as incentives.

Scouting improvements – using several real life scouting reports, a new in-game report has been devised which includes squad analysis, tactics information and information about goals scored and conceded alongside lots of other scouting improvements, giving you all the information you need to prepare before kick-off and throughout the season.

3D Match Improvements – new animations, a whole new crowd system, improved weather system, more stadiums, plus two brand new cameras - "Behind Goal" and "Director Cam" as well as all other camera angles being reversible - meaning you can watch and analyse every aspect of every game.

Manage Anywhere, Anytime – the ability to add or take away playable nations in your saved game as often as you want. Manage in that country at the start of the next season- meaning you don’t have to stay in the nations which are chosen by you to be playable at the start of your career.

Tone – a whole new level has been added to team talks and conversations, with the new tone system, which allows you to specify the way you want to say things – be as cool as a cucumber by saying things calmly or throw tea cups around by saying things with passion. There are 6 different tones to choose from with specific comments per tone.

Intelligent Interface – a new adaptive layout system, which means the higher your screen resolution, the more info is easily at your fingertips. The new interface also contains new filters, customisable columns, a new tactics screen, and lots of new overview screens.

Brand New Tutorial – standing separate from the main game, a mode to help new players find their way around the game easily, whilst also offering tips to experienced managers on how to get the most out of the game, as well as a new in-game “how to” system.

On top of these key innovations, there are lots of areas of the game that have had huge improvements, such as the media system, press conferences, the youth system, newgens, the social networking options, friendlies, international management and many more which will be detailed in a series of video blogs over the coming months, alongside more information about Football Manager 2012.

This announcement

And a couple of preview videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iTXka94ePc&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stoveU0utQ4&feature=youtu.be

And screenshots: http://www.sega.co.u...12/?t=EnglishUK

He also tweeted:

#FM12 release date is currently “before Xmas”. That’s because we haven’t set a date yet. Any dates you seen online are therefore made up.

May aswell use this thread for all future FM12 stuff.

Edited by Tommo, 12 September 2011 - 12:03 PM.

76561197977799401.png

#2 OFFLINE   Supreme

Supreme

• Members
  • 3,789 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:49 AM

Slightly fucking hyped about this:

Manage Anywhere, Anytime – the ability to add or take away playable nations in your saved game as often as you want. Manage in that country at the start of the next season- meaning you don’t have to stay in the nations which are chosen by you to be playable at the start of your career.

This also sounds pretty good, especially for team talks:

Tone – a whole new level has been added to team talks and conversations, with the new tone system, which allows you to specify the way you want to say things – be as cool as a cucumber by saying things calmly or throw tea cups around by saying things with passion. There are 6 different tones to choose from with specific comments per tone.

76561197977799401.png

#3 OFFLINE   ytseliam

ytseliam

Never On Topic

• Members
  • 3,764 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:50 AM

That is huge.

Aside from that, it seems generally more of an evolutionary update than a revolution. Some nice new features like tone for team talks, but yeah, few absolutely huge things. Oh, I also like the sound of the new scouting reports, although it seems implied this is only done for scouting opposition and not players. I could be wrong.

#4 OFFLINE   lurkingwithintent

lurkingwithintent

Too much posting. RSI anyone?

• Members
  • 5,685 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:58 AM

That is huge.

Aside from that, it seems generally more of an evolutionary update than a revolution. Some nice new features like tone for team talks, but yeah, few absolutely huge things. Oh, I also like the sound of the new scouting reports, although it seems implied this is only done for scouting opposition and not players. I could be wrong.

With the "Manage Anywhere", that means I could play a save for 15 seasons say without the French Leagues loaded, then decide I want them added?

As for it being more of an evolution, that sounds great to me! Just what we needed <3

#5 OFFLINE   Sidvicious

Sidvicious

Nothing is true.

• Members
  • 874 posts
  • Supports:Chelsea FC

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:04 PM

Posted Image
Looks a bit cluttered imo. Plus the calender being in the bottom also looks quite wrong too Posted Image

Can't wait to use the tone feature, especially against players! Now you can be even harsher on them. No one's going to complain about discipline now Posted Image Also the 'manage anywhere, anytime' is a huge bonus, so many saves I had wished I had chose another country to manage in..

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   Raul

Raul
  • Supports:Leeds United & Steaua Bucharest

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:52 AM

thought I was the only one who dislikes the new format of the calendar, why mess with something that's already in the right place imo

76561197983085289.png

6r5p1.gif

#7 OFFLINE   Tommo

Tommo

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:23 AM

I dislike the fonts, I think they look terrible.

Some great new additions, for me the match engine looks alot better.

#8 ONLINE   OhCee

OhCee

Daniel's idol.

• Members
  • 2,173 posts
  • Supports:Chelsea

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:40 AM

One thing I want for an improved transfer system is a loanback clause, I think this was something Lurking touched on in another topic a while ago. On the whole though, all this is promising. Tone is going to be a great addition, and being able to add leagues to your database as you play is going to make saves last so much longer. Brilliant Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#9 OFFLINE   Supreme

Supreme

• Members
  • 3,789 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:45 AM

Grrr where has my post gone. Lurking!

76561197977799401.png

#10 OFFLINE   Raul

Raul
  • Supports:Leeds United & Steaua Bucharest

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:52 AM

I wonder if it will be possible to also remove leagues from your db, because the only reason people do not load more leagues when the game starts is that their PCs cant handle more

76561197983085289.png

6r5p1.gif

#11 OFFLINE   Rico

Rico

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:00 AM

Don't like the look of the skin but the new features all look fricking fantastic.

I'm buzzing

TqKMjTE.png

#12 OFFLINE   lurkingwithintent

lurkingwithintent

• Members
  • 5,685 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:19 PM

Grrr where has my post gone. Lurking!

Soz, all posts that were posted in the small period of up time yesterday were lost.

#13 OFFLINE   Jenko

Jenko

Turning underwear inside out saves on washing...

• Members
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:26 PM

I wasn't going to get it until after Christmas, FM11 disappointed me in all honesty. But after reading it it does look awesome so I'll probably get it the day it comes out like usual. If it isn't good though, I can see this being my last FM.

#14 OFFLINE   Paine

Paine

32 scudetti...teste di cazzo!!!

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • Supports:Juventus
  • Managing:Cardiff City

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:09 AM

I'm not so impressed so far, I'd like to see more than just cosmetic improvements, otherwise a data update (transfers, promotions, relegations etc..) would have been better.

#15 OFFLINE   DeanoWHUFC

DeanoWHUFC

From a lower league the bubbles only rise higher.

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:37 PM

Transfers & Contracts – significant changes to the transfer and contract systems, including loyalty bonuses, better implementation of amateur and youth contracts, an improved transfer centre and the ability to lock areas of the contract negotiation when you aren't prepared to budge. This helps you to manage your budgets and gives you flexibility in what you offer money hungry players, or agents, as incentives.

Scouting improvements – using several real life scouting reports, a new in-game report has been devised which includes squad analysis, tactics information and information about goals scored and conceded alongside lots of other scouting improvements, giving you all the information you need to prepare before kick-off and throughout the season.

3D Match Improvements – new animations, a whole new crowd system, improved weather system, more stadiums, plus two brand new cameras - "Behind Goal" and "Director Cam" as well as all other camera angles being reversible - meaning you can watch and analyse every aspect of every game.

Intelligent Interface – a new adaptive layout system, which means the higher your screen resolution, the more info is easily at your fingertips. The new interface also contains new filters, customisable columns, a new tactics screen, and lots of new overview screens.

Brand New Tutorial – standing separate from the main game, a mode to help new players find their way around the game easily, whilst also offering tips to experienced managers on how to get the most out of the game, as well as a new in-game “how to” system.

On top of these key innovations, there are lots of areas of the game that have had huge improvements, such as the media system, press conferences, the youth system, newgens, the social networking options, friendlies, international management and many more which will be detailed in a series of video blogs over the coming months, alongside more information about Football Manager 2012.

For me the best of the announced features is definitely the "manage anywhere, anytime." Running FM on a not so good Laptop/Computer only allows me to load 2 maybe 3 nations with all divisions playable, however with this new feature I can now make more of a journey man out of my saves. Another new feature I am impressed with is the tone system, it'll definitely add a new level of depth to the interaction you have with your players.

What do you think of those features announced?

Edited by DeanoWHUFC, 23 August 2011 - 01:43 PM.

#16 OFFLINE   lurkingwithintent

lurkingwithintent

• Members
  • 5,685 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:41 PM

I'm looking forward to the manage anywhere but have a feeling it could be full of bugs, we will see. The tone feature should finally bring the level of depth to team talks that they've been crying out for.

However, it does suggest that they're putting more effort into the motivational side of things, which worries me. Right now I think thinks like morale are overly involved when it comes to affecting the final result.

PS - we already had a thread about FM12 so I've merged Deano's and the original :)

Edited by lurkingwithintent, 23 August 2011 - 01:42 PM.

#17 OFFLINE   Tommo

Tommo

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:57 PM

In the podcast they announced more too.

Feature roulette:

- Camera angles in the 3D match engines have been mirrored, so you can watch from behind either goal, etc.

- New board request: ask for new contract. It's apparently a 'new branch for the conversation to go in' and he says something about it depending on trophies and youth development, although I didn't get exactly how.

- The multibox has been refactored. This sounded technical and I have no idea what this is or means.

- Expected attendance for new stadiums (it's basically a field you can enter in the editor)

- "Entertainment factor is now calculated by the match engine. The match confidence now includes information regarding the entertainment factor of the match when appropriate." He didn't elaborate, but this sounds neat, if you play nice, attacking football, it will be appreciated.

- This is something that Miles apparently wanted to keep hidden and it sounds like a nice addition: Supporter types. Each club will have a profile (in the financial section of the editor) for their supporters, with their 'attributes' being: loyalty, passion, patience, affluence and temperament. And it helps calculate attendances and the like. Attendances will fluctuate more if you have more gloryhunters, for example. They'll go more in depth with this in future editions, apparently.

- New animation improvement in contact points when kicking a medium-high ball.

- Calendar at the top of the screen now shows your results, so you can have a quick look easily.

- A how-to question: how to set attribute masking. It will show you how to mask attributes step by step, this is part of one of the 2 tutorial types.

Edited by Tommo, 23 August 2011 - 01:58 PM.

#18 OFFLINE   lurkingwithintent

lurkingwithintent

• Members
  • 5,685 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:58 PM

"The multibox has been refactored"

Anyone know what that is? :P

Support types sounds really good.

#19 OFFLINE   DeanoWHUFC

DeanoWHUFC

From a lower league the bubbles only rise higher.

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:03 PM

"The multibox has been refactored"

Anyone know what that is? :P

Support types sounds really good.

If i remember correctly the multibox allows you to change what information is displayed on your "home" screen. You could have it really simple with only 2 boxes for fixtures and league table, or you could have many giving you all sorts of info on different areas of your club.

#20 OFFLINE   Jenko

Jenko

Turning underwear inside out saves on washing...

• Members
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:48 PM

Sounds good. I only really want the Tone bit, that sounds good. I'll be getting the hairdryer out a bit more often!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users